So after many, many days of hair pulling, wall punching, and extremely intense sitting, Scratchbomb has been migrated to a new blog environment. I believe this will be better for both you the reader and me the post-talkin guy in the long run. The details are way too nerd-tactular to go over, and I’m already too traumatized to want to. Suffice to say, I wouldn’t have done all this labor if I didn’t think this would make the site stronger and taller.
I’d like to say I did it all by myself, but that would be a dirty lie. Major, major kudos to Eric Simon of Amazin’ Avenue and Jeff Lyons of Used Wigs, both of whom lent their expertise to the process. Without them, I am sure that I would be dead by now, or at least very annoyed.
99.99% of everything that was on Ye Olde Site is now here. However, there are a few items of note that will be corrected in the coming weeks:
- Redirects from the old post permalinks to the new ones have not yet been completed. My attempts to automate this process failed, meaning I have to do it manually for virtually all of my posts, all 900+ of them. This will be done but, as you may suspect, will take a while. In the meantime, all old links still work, but I have already completed redirects for a number of posts that are near and dear to my heart, such as all the entries in the 1999 Project series.
- Comments on the old site were done by Disqus, as are comments on the New Site. Right now, old comments are in limbo, but they still exist, and I am working on trying to get them integrated in the proper places in this new environment.
- Posts with audio do not have embedded flash players right now. I should be able to remedy this very soon.
- Thanks to differences in coding/image embedding between Movable Type and WordPress, posts with “dialogue” are all jacked up. This too will be remedied as soon as possible.
- Most but not all of the internal links for The Best Show Logs should work. I will probably be revising the layouts for these pages very soon, so I’m not super concerned about this, but I wanted you to be aware of it.
One more thing to note: During site migration, I noticed that the new blog environment had two fewer posts than the old one. I have no idea which ones they are, and if I compare the two sites to one another one more time, I will lose my mind. So if you’re an eagle-eyed reader and you happen to notice something missing from the new site, drop me a line. And do the same if you spot anything else that looks weird or out of place.
Thank you for your continued support. Excelsior!